Free Tax Preparation Assistance -- Earn It! Keep It! Save It!
Free tax preparation help at the Library every Tuesday from February 7 through April 18. The service is provided by IRS-certified volunteers and is available to households with a 2022 income of $60,000 or less. Please bring the SOCIAL SECURITY CARD or ITIN for each person on your tax return (yourself, spouse, children, etc). The volunteers will not be able to help you without it.
No need for appointments. No new tax returns started after 2:00 p.m.
Must show Social Security card or ITIN.
Documents or information to bring with you:
- Social Security card or ITIN letter for each person on tax return, including yourself, spouse, children, and/or adult dependents (REQUIRED)
- Photo ID for you and your spouse (REQUIRED)
- W-2s from all jobs
- All 1099s, 1098s and any other tax forms
- Last year’s tax return (optional)
- Forms 1095-A and FTB 3895, if you had health insurance through Covered California
- Records for any business or higher education expenses
- Savings or checking account and routing numbers for direct deposit
If you want to expedite your visit, you can print and fill in an intake form and bring it with your other documents.
The same tax service is also offered on Saturdays
- Tuesday, March 28, 2023 Show more dates
- 11:30am - 3:00pm
- 1st Floor Program Room
- Contact person:
- Kyle Hval
- Adults Seniors
- Business, Career, & Money