Lawyers in the Library
Volunteer attorneys will be available for free, one-on-one consultations. The attorneys will be able to advise on cases in civil, family law, consumer law, landlord/tenant, probate, employment, and more. No evictions or criminal cases. Please read registration instructions carefully. If you don't complete both steps you will not be able to meet with an attorney.
Registration involves two steps:
Step 1: Fill out the registration at the bottom of this page.
Step 2: Fill out the consultation form.
If you do not do step 1 AND step 2 you will not be able to meet with an attorney.
1. Registration opens two weeks before this date.
2. Please do not bring children.
3. Please supply your own translator.
4. You must register on the Library Calendar AND submit the completed Consultation Form to be confirmed for your appointment.
5. You will receive a confirmation email from a library staff member.
4. You will receive a reminder email the day before your appointment. If you are unable to make it to your appointment please cancel by responding to your confirmation email or reminder email, or by calling 650-526-7020.
7. On the day of your appointment, check-in at the second floor Information Desk. Please arrive 10 minutes BEFORE your scheduled time. If you arrive late your spot may be given to someone on the waitlist.
8. A waitlist will be started at the second floor Information Desk on the day of the program. Waitlist is first come first served.
Lawyers in the Library exists to help those who cannot afford an attorney. Please honor this intent.
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- 6:20pm - 6:40pm
- 2nd Floor Information Desk
- Contact person:
- Court Fields