CANCELLED: Earn It! Keep It! Save It! - Free Tax Preparation Help
Free tax preparation help at the Library every Saturday from February 1 through April 11. The service is provided by IRS-certified volunteers and is available to households with a 2019 income of $56,000 or less. You could be eligible for more than $6,000 when you claim both the state and federal Earned Income Tax Credit! Please bring the SOCIAL SECURITY CARD or ITIN for each person on your tax return. The volunteers will not be able to help you without it.
No need for appointments. No new tax returns started after 2pm.
Documents or information to bring with you:
- Photo ID for you and your spouse
- Social Security card or ITIN for each person on your tax return
- W-2s from all jobs
- All 1099s, 1098s and any other tax forms
- Last year’s tax return
- Child care provider information
- Form 1095-A, if you have health insurance through Covered California
- Records for any business or higher education expenses
- Savings and checking account and routing numbers for direct deposit
To expedite your visit, you can pre-fill an intake form. If you hold a non-immigrant visa; please fill out form 13614-NR (English only). Otherwise, fill out the standard intake form, which is available in English, Arabic, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Creole-French, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Tagalog, or Vietnamese, and bring it with your other documents.