Make Soup, Not Waste: Live Cooking Workshop with Anne-Marie Bonneau
Registration is required. Sign up below to receive the Zoom link on the morning of the event.
Bring whatever vegetables you have on hand to this workshop and cook a vat of healthy soup that both warms and nourishes. Your soup will reduce food waste, save money and conserve resources: the food itself plus all the water, energy, labor, land and fertilizers that went into producing the food. No two pots will be the same!
Please note that you are not required to participate in the live cooking workshop in order to attend. You are welcome to simply watch and not cook.
If you want to cook along with Anne-Marie, please bring the following to this Zoom workshop:
- Large stockpot and lid
- Large cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Vegetable peeler or paring knife if necessary
- Large measuring cup
- Set of measuring spoons
- Olive oil, butter or other fat
- Random vegetables on hand, such as carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, cabbage, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, eggplant, sweet potatoes, parsnips, mushrooms, green beans, zucchini, winter squash (bring enough vegetables to prep at least 4 cups chopped)
- Fresh or dried herbs of your choice (rosemary, thyme, marjoram or oregano for example)
- Salt and pepper
- Acid, such as red wine, sherry or cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- Cooked beans or lentils (or very small dry lentils)
- Cheese rinds
- Leftover cooked chicken, meat, fish or tofu
- Cooked or dry grains such as pasta, rice, farro, millet etc.
- Stale bread
Cookbook author, blogger, fermenter and sourdough baker Anne Marie Bonneau went plastic-free in 2011 after learning about plastic's devastating impacts on our oceans and their inhabitants. Through social media, her blog and her book The Zero-Waste Chef: Plant-Forward Recipes and Tips for a Sustainable Kitchen and Planet, Anne-Marie shows others how reducing their trash not only benefits the planet but also satisfies their taste buds, improves their well-being and boosts their bank accounts.
This program is generously sponsored by the Friends of the Mountain View Library.
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Contact person:
- Kyle Hval