Free Tax Preparation Assistance -- Earn It! Keep It! Save It!
Free tax preparation help at the Library every Saturday from March 5 through April 16. The service is provided by IRS-certified volunteers and is available to households with a 2021 income of $58,000 or less. Please bring the SOCIAL SECURITY CARD or ITIN for each person on your tax return. The volunteers will not be able to help you without it.
No need for appointments. No new tax returns started after 12:15 p.m.
All clients must be fully vaccinated, bring proof of vaccination and wear a mask.
Documents or information to bring with you:
- Photo ID for you and your spouse
- Social Security card or ITIN for each person on your tax return
- W-2s from all jobs
- All 1099s, 1098s and any other tax forms
- Last year’s tax return
- Child care provider information
- Form 1095-A, if you have health insurance through Covered California
- Records for any business or higher education expenses
- Savings and checking account and routing numbers for direct deposit
To expedite your visit, you can pre-fill an intake form:
- If you hold a non-immigrant visa, please fill out form 13614-NR (English only).
- Otherwise, fill out the standard intake form, which is available in English, Arabic, Bengali, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Farsi, French, German, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, Urdu or Vietnamese, and bring it with your other documents.